Nowadays, we are not used to use old-fashioned clock radios at home or portable alarm clocks to take with us, most of us probably use the phone’s alarm. Now we have another option, any Windows 10 device can also do the job.
So let’s see how we can do to launch the app:
- Select Start and select Alarms & Clock from the app list. You can also type its name into the search box. It is necessary to clarify that alarms and timers work even if the app is closed or your device is locked. It may happen that a warning appears and notifies you that notifications only show if the device is awake, in this case you should make sure your device doesn’t go to sleep. To do this you can go to Settings > System > Power & sleep to adjust your device’s sleep settings. Be careful, if you don’t let it sleep when you’re on battery, your computer could run out of juice.
- Set an alarm time. On the optional settings you can select number of times the alarm repeats and the name of the alarm.
- Click the save button in the lower right corner of the window.
- If you are going to set an alarm, we suggest that you keep your laptop or tablet plugged in and verify that the volume on your device is high enough to hear the alarm or timer.
- Once your alarm rang you can choose between selecting Snooze or Dismiss the alarm (in which case you stop it entirely).
- It may happen that you realize that you need to change the time zone of your clock. In order to do this, you can go to Settings > Time & language > Date & time. Choose the menu to choose your preferred time zone.
Another useful tool offered by this clock is to compare times from around the world. Follow the steps try this function:
- Go to the Alarms & Clock app, then select Clock and New at the bottom.
- Type the first few letters of a location and select it in the list. If you cannot find the place you are looking for in the list you can try another location in the same time zone.
- Select Compare (the two clocks) and select a time on the slider at the bottom. After doing that, select a location on the map to change which place the slider is referring to.
- Once you have seen what you wanted, you can stop comparing times by selecting Cancel or pressing Esc.
Using this function you can time something using the stopwatch. Follow the steps:
- Select Stopwatch, and then Start.
- If you want to mark a lap or split as the stopwatch runs, you should select Laps/Splits (the flag).
- If you want to increase the size of the stopwatch display you can select expand at any time.
- Select Pause to stop the clock.
- Select Reset to clear the clock.
It seems that you can find everything you need to know to use the alarm. Hope, it has been useful.