Microsoft always try to transmit that your privacy is important to us. You can find information about the data collected in the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
The statement details not only the information collected but also how they use the data and the legal bases they have to process it. It also includes information about the ways of processing and who they share the data with.
Once you have agreed to these terms, you will have to follow the following rules:
- Don’t do anything illegal.
- Don’t engage in any activity that exploits or threatens to harm children.
- Don’t send spam.
- Don’t use the Services to share inappropriate content.
- Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading.
- Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
- Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you or others.
- Don’t infringe the rights of others.
- Don’t engage in activity that violates the privacy of others.
- Don’t help others break these rules.
If you violate these Terms, you will not be able to continue using Microsoft services or even close your Microsoft account.
About Xbox Services: click here for how this Code of Conduct applies to Xbox Live, Xbox Game Pass, Games for Windows Live and Xbox Game Studios games, applications, services and content provided by Microsoft. Violation of it may result in suspensions in Xbox Services.
Using the Services & Support
- Microsoft account: it is required to access many of the services.
- Create an account: you can do it by signing up online. It is necessary to use real information then signing up.
- Account Use: to keep it active you have to use it. It means that you have to log in at least once every two years.
- Kids and Accounts: you need to have reached the age of “majority” where you live.
- Closing Your Account: you can cancel any service or close your Microsoft account any time.
- Work or School Accounts: it is possible to sign in with a work or school email address. If you do it, the owner of the domain associated will be notified. They can also administrate your account and have access to the data.
- Service Notifications: Microsoft will notify you if there’s something that they need to tell you about a service you use.
- Support: in this page you can find customer support for some services
Updates or changes to these terms
- Microsoft can change these terms at any time and they’ll tell you when they do. However, if you don’t agree to the new terms, you can stop using the Services or close your Microsoft account.
- Sometimes it is necessary to do software updates to keep using the Services. Microsoft automatically download software updates or configuration changes. Those updates applies the same terms exposed before, otherwise they will notify you.
Charges: some services have charge associated. The price stated for the Services excludes all applicable taxes and currency exchange settlements, unless stated otherwise. Microsoft may suspend or cancel the Services if they do not receive the payment on time.
Particularly, for recurring payments: you agree that recurring payments will be made to Microsoft by the method and in the intervals you have agreed to until the subscription for that service is terminated by you or by Microsoft.
Here you have a summary of Microsoft Service Agreement, you will probably find all of the information you need.