In this article some of the new Windows updates are about to be described.
The purpose of this updates is to help you manage your time, also there are some changes in security but mainly it will help you in working across a few devices like Android phones.
Let’s detail the updates:
- Paste from your clipboard: to do this we should review settings by selecting Start > Settings > System > Clipboard. What you have to do next is to use the buttons to turn on both Clipboard history and Sync devices.
Also, a shortcut was added to your clipboard, in order to add it you should press the Windows logo key +V.
- New look for the apps: you can choose between Light or Dark mode. The steps to do this are the following: Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors and then choose your favorite mode.
- Emoji from you keyboard: nowadays we are used to express our feelings by using emojis so it will be really usefull for most of us to use them also in windows. As explained for painting from your clipboard, here Windows 10 allows you to access to an emoji panel by pressing the Windows logo key +period (.). In addition, you can also use kaomojis to create faces with text and symbols.
- Back up automatically your folders: to do this Windows uses OneDrive, so you can protect documents, pictures and desktop folders in case you lose your PC. The steps that you need to follow in order to set this are: on the right side of the taskbar, select OneDrive > More > Settings. Then go to the AutoSave tab, select Update folders and detail the folders that you want to be automatically sync.
- Microsoft experience in you Android phone: as we explained before, this updates are intended to sync your devices. To take advantage of this update do the following: open the Google Play Store app on your Android phone and install Microsoft Launcher. Once you have done this you can get bing wallpapers that change every day, and sync Office docs and your calendar.
- A pointer easier to see: it is sometimes dificult to find the pointer, using Windows 10 you can make it bigger or change the color. Steps to do it: select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Cursor & pointer.
- Make things on your screen larger: it usually happens that when we have been stared at the screen a few hours it is difficult to continue reading. Fortunatellu, you can make the text on your screen bigger: select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Display, then adjust the slider under Make text bigger. You can also make everything bigger by choosing Make everything bigger.
- Use Snip & Sketch to capture, mark up, and share images: it is what we knew as sceen sketch and is now called Snip & Sketch. In the search box on the taskbar, type Snip & Sketch, select Snip & Sketch from the list and open the app. You can do the same faster by pressing Windows logo key+Shift+S. Then you’ll see your screen darken and your cursor displayed as a cross. At the edge of the area you have to choose a point that you want to copy and left-click the cursor. You should then move your cursor to highlight the area you want to capture. After this, the area captured capture will appear on your screen. Snip & Sketch allows to save, copy, or share and includes a pen, highlighter, and an eraser.
- Delay updates for your device: select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and select Pause updates. You should know that once you reach the pause limit, you’ll need to get the latest updates before you can pause again.
- Keep your PC healthy: you can use recommended troubleshooting suggestions to find and fix issues on your device. To view them select: Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Windows 10 includes Windows Security: your device will be protected from the moment you start Windows, as it provides the latest antivirus. It scans for malware, viruses and security threats. Also, updates are downloaded automatically. You can customize how your device is protected if you access to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and select the feature you want to explore. Furthermore, if you are concerned about a particular risk you can run the antivirus manually by accessing to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Virus & threat protection. Then go to current threats and select quick start.
Hope this article has been helpful to see what is new in Windows 10, let’s find out if there is something else!